Here are some helpful tips that can save you time and energy. Most of the time it’s a lot less work than one might think. Most clients over prepare. We want you to have the best experience with the least amount of inconvenience.
- Vacuum all rooms being serviced. Additional fees could be accrued if carpeting has heavy debris.
- Remove breakable items such as tabletop lamps, vases, pictures frames or any other valuables that could get damaged.
- Remove as many small pieces of furniture as possible, such as dining chairs, ottomans, and small tables from the areas you plan to have us clean. We will be glad to help move light weight furniture at no extra charge, such as dining room chairs.
- Pin up any full length draperies, so that they will be at least 6 inches off the floor.
- Tuck in or pin up bed skirts, allowing cleaning access under beds. Our Evolution carpet wand has a low profile head, which allows us to clean anywhere from 12" to 18" depending on elevation of the frame.
- Place your pets in a quiet, safe environment where our cleaning equipment won't disturb them. The front door of your home will be ajar to allow for the equipment.
- China cabinets, sectional sofas, beds frames, matresses, entertainment centers, antiques and fragile furniture cannot be moved. However, carpet underneath such items can be hand cleaned where sufficient room is available, or we can edge right around the base. Spray shields on all our cleaning wands prevent your furniture from being at risk.
During our pre‐cleaning inspection process, please let us know about any cleaning concerns that you may have, particularly those regarding spots or stains. We will evaluate spots and make appropriate recommendations. Because animal urine is so common, it also requires a different and unique cleaning process.
Faster drying carpeting and area rugs:
- Adjust thermostat to 72 degrees, or if appropriate open windows and doors
- Turn your thermostat fan control setting to "On"
- Turn on all ceiling fans
- Turn on air conditioning
- Run fans over carpet if possible
- Do not remove the plastic protectors placed under legs of furniture until carpet is absolutely dry. Allow several days to allow moisture trapped under the plastic to evaporate therefore preventing rust or permanent furniture stain
- Do not seal up your home after cleaning. There is too much moisture in your home that could cause damage.
- Allow area rugs 24 to 72 hours to fully dry, especially wool rugs.
- Flip and rotate cushions every hour until dry
- Place dining room chairs outside if weather is permitting
Walking on damp carpeting
- If possible, avoid walking on damp carpet. If this is not possible, use inside shoes (slippers or sandals) to walk on it. We will also provide you with a pair of booties.
BE VERY CAREFUL WALKING ONTO HARD SURFACES SUCH AS WOOD AND TILE BECAUSE IT WILL BE VERY SLIPPERY